I cried in front of Dr. C today. That doesn't happen often, if ever.
He just looked at me and tried to be positive, he is very sweet and good at positive.
"We are doing everything we can Kristi, everything."
I know that, I do. The tears weren't from feeling like we weren't doing anything. The tears are from sadness, frustration, realization....
Kaleb is not better. In fact, within the last 24 hours, he has gotten a bit worse with junk and congestion and headaches. Dr. C mentioned that his fear is he may have picked up a virus or something while we are here. Only time will tell, he said. We have to watch him closely.
He is doing another two blood draws for his Tobi. Once tonight at 12 and again at 1:30am. Well, so much for sleeping tonight. It has to be timed so we have to do it then. Yuck.
Dr. C also mentioned that we might have to just give in and do another sinus surgery, that is the first time he has brought that up this stay. At the beginning of the stay he said it was out this time because it has been too soon. But because of the congestion, throat clearing, headaches...it is back on the table. Cue tears.
He has had 5 sinus surgeries in his life with a total of 14 surgeries in his 12 years. That is not ok. The last few times we have been here he has had surgery.
The fear is that there is scar tissue blocking drainage or that the thick mucus is just stuck up there and as soon as we clean up his lungs, it will just go right back. I hate the constant headaches and junk he feels in his head and nose.
But, we have to wait he said. Wait and see what the levels say, wait and see how he does the next few days, and wait and see. I am not the best at waiting. He won't say a date we get to leave and that is frustrating because it is day 10 and we usually know by now. It is day 10 and I don't feel like he is getting better. It is day 10 and I want to go home.
Another frustration is Tobi is a strong antibiotic and its supposed to work and so far, I am not seeing it. Then, in combination with Zosyn, those two are supposed to get my kid better. Kaleb is a slow healer, we have seen that, it takes a while to see turn around, but normally by day 10, I have seen it.
So, at day 10 we are just kinda up in the air.
We do levels again tonight.
We wait and see if he got a virus.
We wait and see how his sinus stuff is and think about surgery.
We pray these meds start doing their job.
We trust God is holding us, even when it is hard.
Please pray for us.
Pray for answers and healing and all of the above.
2013 anniversary appointments article award birthday blessings blog blood book bracelets bronch bunco cancer car wash caretaker caringbridge cf cf community cf mom cf walk cf warrior cff church coins for a cure confessions conflicted counseling CT cultures cure daily donor challenge David death diamond doll design doctors donate Downton Abbey drug pipeline drugs emotions FA family festival friends frustration fundraiser fundraising g-tube God grandpa great strides grief Hannah hero home home IV's honest hope hospital IV Kaleb Kaleb's blog kidneys lab layout legos loss love marriage meds ministry mom mothers day new year no visitors owasso owasso auto spa pancakes for a cure party pft's pfts picu pneumonia prayer prayer requests praying procedure pseudomonas rollercoaster RT sadness Santa sick silverlining Sinus speaking St. John steroids sunday school support surgery Team Kaleb tests thankful thirty one thoughts Tobi total understanding update virus visitors WCA website wish list Zosyn