Dr. C decided we needed one last blood draw to check the levels since we are going home on Tobi. Because of a mix up today with our day nurse and CT and Pft's, our Tobi got delayed by 4 hours putting our blood draw at 4am. Seriously.
The only reason why Kaleb and I have not come unglued regarding this latest information is that this will be the last draw (8 from his hand, 4 from his port this stay) and we in fact will be going home tomorrow. If we waited to do the blood draw until tomorrow, that would put us here until the evening and we both just want to go home already. So 4am it is.
I have been watching Downton Abbey. And by watch I mean I have glued myself every evening while Kaleb reads and goes to sleep to my DVD player and have made it all the way to the season finale of season 3 from the very first episode. I am hooked. The only problem is that now I wish to live there and speak with their accent. I cannot live there, but I can, however, speak in their accent. I do speak that way from time to time. In my head, right now, I am speaking in a wonderful English or British accent, I don't even know what it is, but it is mah-va-lus. Kaleb just laughs at me and it depends on Dave's mood on how long he will let me get away with it. I also desire to have their clothes.
I have no idea why I shared that last bit of info with you. Anyways....
I was unable to see Kaleb's CT but Dr. C read me the notes. He still has that patch in his lower left lobe from the pneumonia but the pneumonia seems to be getting better. Not really sure if that is a permanent patch or what. Maybe he will let me look at it in the morning.
Kaleb's PFT's (lung function) were less than desirable (I find myself wanting to speak in a more proper manner after all those hours of Downton) as they were at 55%. He has been in the upper 60's for the last year and had gotten down to the lower 60's, which is one of the reasons why we decided to admit. Having him drop even lower after 2 weeks of antibiotics was discouraging. Dr. C thinks its from this secondary infection and virus that crept up and we have an appointment next Thursday where we will do them again in the office after steroids and another week of IV's. We are supposed to get off IV's by the end of next week. There is a small chance we could have to go longer (not on the Tobi, but the other one) but I really hope not.
IV's at home are exhausting. It's like having an infant and having to get up every 2 hours or so around the clock. I value my sleep.
So we are going home tomorrow after one more middle of the night blood draw hoorah. The rest of our tests are done, so after Dr. C comes in the morning and we order the IV's from the pharmacy, we should be set free. I hope to be home sweet home before the afternoon.
2013 anniversary appointments article award birthday blessings blog blood book bracelets bronch bunco cancer car wash caretaker caringbridge cf cf community cf mom cf walk cf warrior cff church coins for a cure confessions conflicted counseling CT cultures cure daily donor challenge David death diamond doll design doctors donate Downton Abbey drug pipeline drugs emotions FA family festival friends frustration fundraiser fundraising g-tube God grandpa great strides grief Hannah hero home home IV's honest hope hospital IV Kaleb Kaleb's blog kidneys lab layout legos loss love marriage meds ministry mom mothers day new year no visitors owasso owasso auto spa pancakes for a cure party pft's pfts picu pneumonia prayer prayer requests praying procedure pseudomonas rollercoaster RT sadness Santa sick silverlining Sinus speaking St. John steroids sunday school support surgery Team Kaleb tests thankful thirty one thoughts Tobi total understanding update virus visitors WCA website wish list Zosyn